Hey Y’all – today marks Day 15 and I honestly can’t believe we’re already HALF WAY through our 2nd round of Whole30! This round has been such a blast & so much easier than our 1st round was last year! Now, I will admit that 1st weekend without wine was ROUGH, but this past weekend was cake & I’m just so happy with our journey this time around.
Here’s what’s cooking this week on the farm –
Let’s start with meal prep, here’s what I’m making this morning to make life a bit easier during the work week –
As promised – each week I’ll feature a quick meal prep recipe. This week I’m sharing my recipe for Mini Turkey Meatballs. These meatballs are grain free, gluten free, dairy free & sugar free. Not only are they delicious as a meal option – they’re a great midday snack as well!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
1 LB Ground Turkey
1 TSP Oregano
1 TSP Parsley
1 TSP Garlic Powder
1 TSP Onion Powder
1 TSP Paprika
1 TSP Fresh Cracked Pepper
1 TSP Salt
1 TSP Red Pepper Flakes (RPF) – optional
1 TSP Cayenne – optional
1/4 Cup Almond Flour
Here’s What Would Be Awesome if you Had it:
Grated Onion to replace the Onion Powder
Let’s Get Started:
1. First things first, preheat your oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, egg, seasonings & almond flour until combined.
3. Next, form your meatballs about 1 1/2” in diameter – you should end up with about 20 meatballs.
4. Now I like baking these on top of a cookie cooling rack so that any excess grease will fall onto the cookie sheet below. I start by lining a cookie sheet with foil & then add my cooling rack (that has been sprayed with cooking spray or rubbed with oil) on top.
5. Once that’s set – line up your meatballs on the rack & pop them into the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
6. Once done, let cool & enjoy! These are great warm as a meal option or as a snack for weekday lunches, which is how we use them more often than not here on the farm.
Tune in next week for my take on homemade mayo & compliant salad dressing!
Now on to the goodies – check out our menu plan for this week:
Dinner: Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato “Cream” Sauce
Saturday (Day 20)
Brekkie: Compliant Egg Bake
Dinner: Steak, Baked Potato & Green Beans
Sunday (Day 21)
Brekkie: Chia Pudding
Dinner: Meatballs & Roasted Root Veggies
As we continue to move through this journey, I’m working hard on getting my recipes up on the blog. If there’s anything you see that catches your eye that you haven’t seen a recipe posted for yet, please let me know – happy to reach out & provide details for you – or bump it up on my to do list for posts! Have a lovely week ahead friends!