I’ve got a secret, promise not to tell? The Farmer & I LOVE chicken sausage; especially smoked apple & gouda chicken sausage “a la Costco”. When your family farms beef; you tend not to eat a lot of chicken (lol) – promise to keep this one a secret from my father in law & I assure you that you won’t be disappointed! If you’re looking for a one stop shop to add to your weekly rotation you’re in the right place! Not only is this meal easy AF; it’s super versatile & can be modified as little or as much as you’d like to tailor it to your family’s needs.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
✅8-10 New Potatoes
✅3 Chicken Sausage Links; we’re OBSESSED with the Smoked Apple & Gouda links from Amylu that we get @ Costco!
✅1 medium Onion – coarsely chopped
✅2 Bell Peppers – coarsely chopped
✅2 TBSP EVOO
✅1/2 TBSP Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning (divided)
✅1/2 TBSP Chili Powder (divided)
✅1/2 TBSP Garlic Powder (divided)
✅2 TSP Red Pepper Flakes (divided)
✅Salt & Pepper to Taste
Let’s Get Started:
1. Let’s get that oven pre-heating; anywhere between 375 & 400 degrees will do.
2. While your oven is coming up to temp; start cutting up your potatoes into 1-2 inch pieces; these take the longest to cook so we’ll want to get them prepped & in the oven first. Once cut, place your potatoes into a bowl.
3. Next, grab your sheet pan & line it with aluminum foil. I like to spray my foil lightly with Pam (you could sub EVOO) to prevent items from sticking.
4. Now let’s chop up your bell peppers & onion – place these into a bowl (separate from the potatoes).
5. Time to season; grab two small bowls & measure out the divided seasonings listed above. Add 1/4 TBSP each of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning, Chili Powder, & Garlic Powder to each bowl. Add 1 TSP of Red Peppers Flakes to each bowl.
6. Grab your potatoes & toss in 1 of the spice bowls along with 1 TBSP of EVOO. Mix well to ensure everything is coated evenly. Pour the potatoes onto your prepared sheet plan & pop them into the oven for 20 minutes.
7. While your potatoes cook, go ahead & season the peppers & onion with the other spice bowl & remaining 1 TBSP of EVOO. Once again, mixing well to ensure everything is coated evenly.
Ps; I snuck some fresh corn I had laying around in too!
8. After the first 20 minutes, carefully remove the sheet pan from the oven & add your peppers & onions to the pan.
9. Add your sliced sausage to the pan as well; and carefully place back into the oven for 25-35 minutes – or until everything is cooked through.
10. Once removed from the oven, quickly season with salt & pepper to taste.
Y’all it doesn’t get much easier than that! This meal is perfect for …
Days you want to be lazy
Days you’re looking for a quick meal
Days you’re looking for a one pan solution
Mondays, when everything MUST BE EASY 😉
Whole 30 – just watch your spices (ranch) & sausage selection
Weeks when the budget is tight
Pretty much, all the time – yaaaaas!
What I like about this (outside of it being easy AF to throw together) is how versatile the recipe is, you could easily sub in & out veggies as you please & mix up the spices to change the flavor profile altogether – for example, indian spices would be amazing here!
Anywho … give this one a try & let me know what you think!