If you’re looking for a new take on “Taco Tuesday” look no further – this is your dish! I first discovered this meal during my 1st round of Whole30 back in January of 2016 and its been in our weekly rotation ever since. Not only is this dish Whole30 friendly, it’s also “weeknight” friendly – meaning it won’t take hours to prepare – lord knows we all need easy nights in the kitch! You could even brown off your meat in advance for this one to save even more time, #MealPrepSunday is only 48hours ahead of Taco Tuesday – sounds like a perfect idea to me!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
1.5-2lbs of Ground Beef (farm fresh dontcha know!)
1/2 Medium Yellow Onion; small dice
2 Small Bell Peppers; medium dice
1 Medium Zucchini; sliced into half moons
1 bunch Scallions; sliced
1 bunch Cilantro; chopped
1 Can (14oz) Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 Can (10oz) Rotel
1 TBSP EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 TBSP Chili Powder
1 TBSP Cumin
1/2 TBSP Garlic Powder
1 TSP Fresh Cracked Pepper
1/2 TSP Salt
1 TSP Cayenne – optional
1 TSP Red Pepper Flakes (RPF) – optional
Let’s Get Started:
1. Start by heating up a large skillet (I actually like using my wok for this!) with 1 TBSP EVOO. Add in your ground beef & cook until brown & crumbly – yes that is the technical term!
2. Drain off the excess fat.
3. Next up, add in your onion, zucchini & bell peppers & cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
4. Add in your fire roasted tomatoes & rotel.
5. Once combined, toss in your seasonings to taste.
6. Just before serving, mix in your scallions & cilantro.
Over Greens – The Farmer’s favorite.
As is – My favorite.
You know you have winner when The Farmer approves & there aren’t tortillas involved!
No matter how you serve it, this is hands down a winner in my book! Quick, easy & super flavorful on OR OFF Whole30, I highly recommend giving this one a try.
Adapted from: Sweet C’s