It’s Sunday morning here on the farm & there ain’t nothing better than a little hair of the dog to get your morning started right. Now if you aren’t familiar with the Caesar, stay tuned because I’m about to take your brunch cocktail game to the next level!
If you’re asking yourself, why not just make a Bloody Mary instead?
Here’s why …
Now, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with the Bloody Mary, I’m just saying I wouldn’t order one if I could opt for a Caesar instead 😉 The use of Clamato juice over plain old tomato adds a robust, umami flavor that offers a whole lotta depth that I just don’t find when throwing back the traditional Bloody.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
✅3 Cubes of Ice; muggle ice will do just fine here 😉
✅1.5 – 2.0oz of … Vodka, Gin, or my newest favorite twist Mezcal
Our homemade Jalapeño-Infused tequila would be awesome here as well!
✅1/4 TSP Celery Salt
✅5 TSP Pickle Juice
✅2 Shakes Worcestershire
✅1 TBSP Sriracha (to taste)
✅1 Cup Clamato Juice
✅Fresh Cracked Pepper (optional)
Jalapeño Cheddar Beef Stick
Homemade Pickle (using Quickles) from our Tenth & Hickory Recess Box
Let’s Mix Things Up:
1. Start by placing your 3 ice cubes in your glass.
2. Add in your alcohol of choice; I’d say vodka is traditional here but we serve it most often with gin (cucumber infused gin would be ridiculously good here). My newest favorite twist is Mezcal which adds a smoky flavor that I just can’t get enough of.
3. Next, sprinkle in your celery salt (you basically want it to cover the ice)
4. Spoon in 4-5 TSP of Pickle Juice
5. Add a couple shakes of Worcestershire
6. Then squeeze in the Sriracha to taste, I’d recommend 1/2 to 1 TBSP to start.
7. At this point, I’d grind a bit of fresh cracked pepper to taste – totally optional!
8. Last, add about 1 Cup of Clamato Juice
I personally like pouring the mixture back & forth using the glass & a cocktail shaker to ensure the ingredients are fully combined; 2 times should do the trick.
Garnish & Enjoy!
Next time you’re craving a Bloody, I dare you to take a chance on the Caesar – once you do I betcha you’ll never turn back!
Give this one a go during your next brunch date & let us know what you think, Cheers!
Adapted from: Ingrid; my sister in law 🙂